Thursday 25 August 2011

Stitched Stocking with Faux Flocking

Good afternoon!!  Ha ha ha, I totally didn't intend for that blog post title to rhyme!  But it does, so we'll just move on :)  According to my friend, Lynn, it's less than 4 months till Christmas now!  Yikes, better get a move on for the Craft Shows, and Christmas cards to be sent out :)

This stamp set and punch are from the upcoming Holiday Mini!  Gotta love 'em!!:)

SUPPLIES:
Stamps:  Stitched Stocking (from Holiday Mini), Christmas Greetings
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler/White bakers twine, stocking punch, dots embossing folder, paper snips (for flocking), stampin' dimensionals, paper piercer









Here's a close up photo of the faux flocking.  I loved flocking, but it retired.  So one day I was distressing the edges of my paper and I was getting this fine 'snow' like stuff piling up on my work surface.  So I put it to use!  Today I did it on purpose :)  It just adds that little 'pop' to a stocking, don't ya think?

STEPS FOR FAUX FLOCKING
1.  Select a scrap piece of cardstock, in this case, Whisper White
2.  Using the back of your paper snips just rub the edge of the cardstock until you get a small pile of paper fluffs.
3.  Don't sneeze, or you'll have to begin again ;)
4.  Use a thin layer of Mono Multi glue where you want to adhere your faux flocking.
5.  Dip your sticky item into the flocking and adjust as necessary, or pinch up a little bit and drop it on, whatever suits your needs/project.

Now you have some faux flocked stockings!  The possibilities are endless... various browns will get you a dirt or sandy look, you can faux flock some flowers to add dimension or pollen!  I'd love to see what YOU do with faux flocking! :)

Have a happy day!
See ya!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Came across your blog today while searching for Stitched Stocking samples. I LOVE yours and just CASEd it!! Hoping it's okay to use as a demo card?! Enjoyed your blog too!

Anonymous said...

I also found your blog by when searching for the little horse from the stocking

great blog and tfs:)



Pearl